Thursday, May 3, 2012

Take What They Say Loosely

Say your boyfriend leaves to go skating around 4:00 and says, "I'll be right back because nobody wants to skate today."  That's not necessarily true.  You may get a call from him several hours later telling you that he's in another town about 2 hours away.  This too I know from personal experience.

We had just moved to Columbia, SC from Fort Myers, FL.  All the friends we still had in South Carolina lived near Spartanburg so he didn't have anyone to skate with in town.  He said he was going to skate the church around the corner and would be right back.  This was 4:00 so around 8 or 9 I started to get worried, I understood the time warp that will be addressed later.  I started thinking that no one could skate that long in the Columbia heat by themselves and was also concerned because we didn't have cell phones so I wouldn't know if he got hurt.  I thought that I would just get in my car and drive to the spot to make sure he was ok.  Ah, ha... he took my car... perfect! 

So, I sit there and worry.  I decided I needed to relax and not worry so much because there was nothing I could do so I started drinking.  Around 1:00am I get a phone call, look on the caller id and it says Inman Skatepark.  Hmmm Inman is a good two hours away and I answer the phone to "Hiiiiiiii Honey" and I know the whole story before he says another word.  I also know that I will see him around 5:00am because there has to be a trip to the Waffle House before he makes it home. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment