Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Attempt To Be The Best Girlfriend

I tried once to be the best girlfriend of a rollerblader.  We moved to a new town and it was his birthday.  He did not know anyone and didn't have anyone to skate with him and all we had were really crappy skate parks.  I suggested that we go skate at one of those crappy parks for his birthday.  I decided that I would skate my first park with him as a present. 

So, after mustering up some courage because I just knew I would bust my ass, I was ready.  I got on the ramp and totally psyched myself up.  He coached me and I was ready.  He was standing at the end of the ramp with his arms outstretched to catch me in case I needed him to catch me.  I was totally fearless and dropped in any my feet flew out completely from underneath me and I landed a few feet in front of him.  I was so shocked that I didn't successfully make it down the ramp and didn't even reach him.  So was he... I wish I had a picture of his face.  I think I jarred everything in my body and he asked me if I was ok and all I can remember saying is "it hurts so bad that I can't cry"  He picked me up and put me in the car telling me that he would never ask me to do that again. 

One of my other friends went to visit her boyfriend while he was at the park and he convinced her to try and skate.  She rolled down one of the ramps, busted her butt, and split her pants.  If you too decide to try and skate with your rollerblader and you bust your butt... don't worry... we've all been there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment