Monday, May 7, 2012

Location of Skate Spots

They are almost always some place that you are not supposed to be.  Many times they are at schools where you are chased down by campus security, near businesses where generally overweight people attempt to chase you away from the spot, a random place frequented by cops, and you catch my drift.  Occassionally you'll meet some nice people that want to watch and give props but often times they are screaming, trying to chase you panting like crazy, or attempting to rip the camera out of someone's hand.  The cops can go either way as well, sometimes they just say stay out of the street, put on a helmet or something of that nature, other times they take everyone's information are jerks and make you leave.  In the 12 years I've been with my rollerblader it's only gotten out of hand one time with an incident that I'm not going to talk about on here.   I guess my point is, it happens and if you're out with them and see cops roll up, don't completely freak out, most of them are fine, and it will lend itself to a good laugh later.

It also seems like for the most part, if it's not a school, near a business, or some random place where cops show up, it's in the ghetto or near a strip club.  Most of the times when I have been skating with them in the ghetto, we've been out of town, I have no idea where the hell we are, we've been out for hours, I am freezing and really have to pee.  Of course there are no trees, bushes, or walls you can duck behind and it's virtually impossible to go in a bottle so you say something like, "did you see a gas station or anything around here" there response is almost always, no but just drive down this street and I think you'll end up on a main road.  I always love hearing that because I have absolutely no sense of direction and everything looks the same at night.  So, I always take off driving hoping that I can find my way back to them and that they've not been busted by the cops because of course, I never have my phone.  So ladies, pee at every stop they make because there won't be many and they'll undoubtedly get stuck in their time warp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment