Monday, May 7, 2012

Disappearing Boyfriends

If your rollerblader is home and you leave for a few minutes don't take for granted the fact that he will have sat still long enough for you to come home.  It's quite possible that upon your return he will be gone.  This is also true of times that you know there is nothing going on, have just talked to him, and know with every element of your being that he will be home.  Don't be alarmed if you return to an empty house.  Check for skates and if they are gone then so is he. If the skates remain then he couldn't have gone far.  Remember earlier how I said not to make plans in advance?  It truly can happen that fast!

I've asked my rollerblader if he needed anything from the store and said, "I'll be right back."  He has replied with, "I will see you in a minute", and when I returned he was gone.  A mere 15-20 minutes and he has disappeared but his car is still in the driveway.  So, you open the door, say hello, and get no response.  You look around the house and he is nowhere to be found.  Look around for a minute, notice the skates are gone, and you know that it has happened again.

The first time it happened, I was worried.  I remembered that he's a rollerblader and therefore completely unpredictible.  Also, don't bother looking for a note because that won't happen either... just check for the skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment