Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bumps In The Night

What are those scary bumps in the night? Oh wait, that's me!  Make sure that you walk carefully through your house, especially at night.  You will undoubtedly kick a skate in the dark.  Other things that might happen are a bolt in your heel, frame through your arch, or soul plate to your entire foot.  All are equally as painful. 

If you had a situation like we did several years ago, beware of practice rails in your hallway.  We moved into a new apartment, Smiley had built a practice rail, and we got in trouble for having it outside.  The only place it would fit was down our hallway.  I knew that damned thing was there... I saw it everyday!  Everytime our friends went down the hallway they had to do a stall on it.  After a night of drinking you lose sight of the fact that your hallway has become a skate spot.  In the dark, on the way to the kitchen to get water, I kicked the piece of wood that was attached to the rail so many times and ran my shin into the rail itself just as many times.  Let me tell you, that crap really hurts.  I can't imagine falling on it with a greater speed or force then strolling down your hall.  It's also one of those times that it swells instantaneously.  Darn my virgin shins!

No comments:

Post a Comment