Saturday, May 5, 2012

Candles

If you're a girl that likes really fancy expensive candles, it's quite possible that your candle may end up on a curb, ledge, or rail.  This is because your rollerblader needed to wax something so they don't get "stuck" on it and can grind faster. 

For a couple of years I had been making a wax ball from candles I had burned.  This ball of wax was the size of a baseball.  My rollerblader found it in a kitchen drawer and said, "Man, that is badass" I took it as a compliment and thanked him but I didn't really know why, or why I had been making it.  A couple of days later I was going to add some wax to it but couldn't find it.  I asked him about it and he said, "well, I really needed wax because I was out."  I didn't have a clue what he meant but thought, ok.  I later found out he needed it for skating.

A couple of years later I got some candle decorating kit because we were really poor and I was going to make them as Christmas presents.  I got some motivation, went to the box, and then candles were gone.  All I could do was laugh. 

So, if you really like nice candles, I suggest that you go to a craft store and buy a huge 10 pound block of wax.  Not only will they be very appreciative that you did that, impressed by the fact you knew that it would help with their skating, you will have salvaged your candles.

You should also know that if you live in a really hot place and they've borrowed your car to go skating, you may want to double check that they didn't leave wax in it before leaving your car in the hot sun... that crap will get everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I am loving your blog, reading each post and going 'yup'. I am not a girlfriend of a rollerblader, but I am the resident 'groupie' friend for quite a few amazing rollerbladers here in South Africa how have become great friends, so I totally understand the tricks of the side line trade you speak of! On the candles point - try lighting some for a bit of ambiance at a party... Jeez, if looks could kill! LOL... well done on the awesome blog and keep supporting!

    ReplyDelete