Thursday, May 3, 2012

How They Give Directions To Locations

One skater phenomenon that I've experienced several times is how they give directions.  They don't give street names or use blaringly obvious landmarks, they use skate spots.  They say things like, "You know those awesome blue rails? Yea, go a block past them and turn right"  Sometimes I think that they wouldn't know where they were going unless they used skate spots to identify places. 

I had orientation at the School of Medicine so I asked Doc Hartis, also a rollerblader, where the building was that I had to go to.  His response, "Go past those amazing silver rails that look like a lot of fun but won't slide, and walk into the building on the right, right past them."  The funny thing was, I arrived on campus, saw some silver rails and thought I hope he wasn't talking about these ones... hit another set and thought, those have to be them.  I found the building with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment