Thursday, August 15, 2013

Attempting to take pictures and film

Don't.  Just don't.  That is unless you are one of those people that are great with a camera.  I thought I was because I can take a nice picture, I figured how hard is it to video something, I have two hands and can hold a camera. 

So when he's said I really want some pictures or to get some clips... I eagerly volunteer. What happens is I can't guess what trick he's going to do, if he tells me I nod my head like I have a clue.  He says "ready?" Hell yea I'm ready! I take the picture and without fail it's a picture of him mid air jumping onto the rail.  It's a picture where you can't see his feet.  It's a picture where you can't tell what he's doing.  Or on the very rare occasion it has the potential to be an awesome picture and he falls.  Adjust camera settings, he directs you where to stand, and inevitably you take 80 pictures and 3 are ok. 

The same goes for filming.  If you're really interested in filming for him, it's best if you learn to skate so you can follow the lines and can kinda figure out what he's going to do.  It doesn't work if you try to run alongside them because if you're as graceful as I am, you'll run right into something.  So, generally the commentary that friends would add into my filming are "oh look, he's far away, he's doing something, now there's a close up of his back, he went over something, is now doing something, and... did he fall?"

No comments:

Post a Comment